The Hanna Instruments HI99111 is a durable, waterproof, and portable pH and temperature meter designed specifically for measurement of juices including grape juice and wine must. Automatic calibration is performed at one or two points with two sets of buffers.
The calibration buffers include a pH 3.00 calibration point instead of pH 4.01 in order to better bracket the expected pH value. All calibration and measurement
readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations. The split-level LCD displays both pH and temperature readings, along with indicators
for reading stability, battery percentage, and calibration instructions. The HI99111 uses the HI1048D glass body, amplified pH electrode that offers
numerous features that improve pH testing for a variety of juices with a high solids content.
- Waterproof: The HI99111 is a waterproof meter rated IP67 for immersion in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes.
- Automatic Calibration: One or two-point calibration is automatic to two selectable buffer sets.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation: An integrated temperature sensor allows for automatic temperature compensation of pH measurements.
- Multi-Level LCD Display: The split-level LCD displays both pH and temperature readings, along with indicators for reading stability, battery percentage,
and calibration instructions.
- On-Screen Tutorial: Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration.
- Battery Error Prevention System: The meter will automatically shut off if there isn't enough power to obtain an accurate measurement.
- Battery Life Indicator: The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
- Glass Body: The glass body of the HI98111D is chemically resistant and quick to reach thermal equilibrium, allowing for a faster, more stable response.
- Spherical Glass Tip: The spherical shaped tip design allows for a wide area of contact with the measured sample. This permits a faster electrode response
with a higher degree of stability.
- CPS Sleeve Junction: Clogging Prevention System (CPS) technology is an innovation for the improvement of pH measurements in samples that have
a high solids content. Conventional pH electrodes use ceramic junctions that can clog quickly when used in samples that have a high solids content
such as wine must or juice. When the junction is clogged, the electrode does not function.
- The CPS technology utilizes the porousness of ground glass coupled with a PTFE sleeve to prevent clogging of the junction. The ground glass allows proper
flow of the liquid, while the PTFE sleeve repels solids. As a result, pH electrodes with CPS technology take up to 20 times longer to be fouled as
compared to conventional electrodes.
- Double Junction Reference: A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire. Silver ions are present in the electrolyte
of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
- Built-In temperature sensor: Error in calibration and measurement are eliminated with the Automatic Temperature Compensation provided by the integrated
- Refillable: The HI1048D is a refillable probe. Since it is a double junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl. This solution does
not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
- pH Range: -2.00 to 16.00 pH
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- pH Accuracy: +/- 0.02 pH
- pH Calibration: Automatic, at one or two points with two sets of buffers (standard 4.01, 7.01,10.01 or NIST 4.01, 6.86, 9.18)
- Temperature Range: -5.0 to 105.0 C / 23.0 to 221.0 F
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1 C / 0.1 F
- Temperature Accuracy: +/- 0.5 C (up to 60 C); +/- 1.0 C (outside) / +/- 1 F (up to 140 F); +/- 2.0 F (outside)
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic from -5.0 to 105.0 C (23 to 221 F)
- pH Electrode: HI1048D pre-amplified pH probe with internal temperature sensor, DIN connector and 1 m (3.3) cable (included)
- Battery Type/Life: 1.5V (3) AAA / approximately 1200 hours of continuous use; auto-off after 8 minutes of non-use
- Environment: 0 to 50 C (32 to 122 F); RH max 100%
- Dimensions: 152 x 58 x 30 mm (6.0 x 2.3 x 1.2 inch)