TH-170 Portable Hardness Tester Complete Kit - TH-170C
Product code: TH-170C
It has the ability to provide results in the most common hardness scales such as Rockwell HRC and HRB, Brinell, Vickers, Leeb and more.
With an integrated Universal D-type Impact device, the TH-170 utilizes state-of-the-art micro-electronic technology, comes with a pocket sized carrying case and incorporates a hardness impact probe, microprocessor and data display in a single, ergonmically designed, compact unit.
The Portable Hardness Tester TH-170 provides exceptional reliability and accuracy for a wide measuring range, and is capable of automatically converting and displaying measurements into Brinell, Rockwell, Leebs, Vickers and Shore hardness values.
Conforming to ASTM A956 standard, the TH-170 Portable Hardness Tester covers an extensive range of applications in the industry and supply the required test results, in almost every application, where bench-top hardness testers can not be used. As a result of following the Leebs rebound principle, the minimum requirements that have to be met in order to achieve accuracy with TH170, are minimum thickness of 3/8" (10mm) and weight of 11lb (5kg) for the samples. If your samples are thin or light-weight, you may consider our TH-172 portable hardness Tester.
• USB communication interface for Windows HyperTerminal
• Automatic identification of Impact test direction
• Memory of 270 average data in 9 group files
• Upper and lower limit setting
• Automatic switch off
• Backlight for convenient use in darkness
• Software calibration
• Battery capacity display
• AAA 1.5V battery
Range of Applications:
• Hardness testing of large and heavy objects
• In production line of mass produced components
• Materials identification in stores and warehouses
• In locations with difficult access, or in confined spaces
• Measuring accuracy: +/- 0.5%
• Impact device: Universal D device - Integrated
• Hardness measurement values include HLD, HRC, HRB, HB, HV, and HS
• Automatic calculation of average and mean test values
• Storage capacity: 270 average readings in 9 group files
• USB 2.0 interface
• Impact direction: 360°
• Minimum Surface Roughness of Sample: 1.6µm ( Ra)
• Maximum workpiece hardness: 955HV
• Min. radius of Workpiece
• (convex/concave) Rmin = 50mm (with support ring Rmin= 10mm)
• Minimum sample weight: 2~5kg on solid support
• Continuous working time: 150 h (without backlight)
• Power: AAA 1.5V batteries (2pcs)
• Operating Temperature: 0~40° C
• Impact energy: 8 ft-lbs (11Nmm)
• Test tip: Tungsten Carbide
• Dimensions: 155mm×55mm×25mm
• Weight: 166gm
• Main Unit with integrated impact device D-type
• Batteries (AAA x2)
• Support ring
• Cleaning brush
• Soft Carrying case
• USB cable and CD-ROM software
TIMEHigh Tech warranty card, equipment checklist and instruction manual included.
FREE Startrack Premium in Australia
Free Delivery in Australia for orders over $100 Overnight delivery to most capital cities and surrounding areas, click here for availability (2 to 5 day delivery outside these locations.)
- Delivered only on business days at your location, delivery unavailable on weekends and public holidays
- Shipped from Instrument Choice on South Australian working days
This service does not deliver to Post Office Boxes
Free Delivery in Australia for orders over $100
For alternate delivery options and international shipping, click here.
Why Instrument Choice?
#1. SUPER-RESPONSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
#2. SPECIAL ADVICE FROM SCIENTISTS
#3. Easy Shopping
#4. Free Express Shipping
Why pay for shipping when Instrument Choice has negotiated such amazing freight rates for Australia and New Zealand? Overnight shipping is available to capital cities for 93% of stocked items, the rest still travel by express road to get to you quickly.
Get details about our super-fast and secure shipping options here