iTracker Pro RAK8212-M is a versatile developer board aimed at aiding in quick prototypes using NB-IoT. The board includes a vast array of connectivity options (NB-IoT, BLE 5.0, and GPS) and accelerometer sensors. At the heart of the module is the venerable Nordic nRF52832 BLE processor.
The NB-IoT connectivity is provided by the Quectel BG96 module. The iTracker module is Arduino friendly and can be programmed using the IDE. The board
also provides SWD interface for programming the nRF52832 core. The combination of BLE and NB-IoT provides flexible low power consumption development
along with a myriad of application options ranged from telemetry to live tracking and environment sensing.
Hoe easy it is to develop on the ITRACKER Pro
- Supports the standard BLE peripheral library and libraries contributed by Adafruit
- Programing support is via SWD interface
Normal development using Nordic SDK:
- Supports the NRf SDk v11.0 and above
- Programming support via SWD interface
- Planned support for Espruino IDE soon
- Programming support via USB serial as well as via the BLE UART module wirelessly.
- Can also be programmed from Android or iOS apps.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Single-chip, highly flexible, 2.4GHz multi-protocol
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F processor
- 512kb Flash + 64kb RAM
- Supports concurrent Bluetooth low energy/ANT protocol operation
- Up to +4dBm output power
- -96dBm sensitivity, Bluetooth low energy
- 2 data rates (2Mbps/1Mbps)
- PPI-maximum flexibility for power-efficient applications and code simplification
- Configurable I/O mapping for analog and digital I/O
- 3 x Master/Slave SPI
- 2 x Two-wire interface (I2C)
- UART (RTS/CTS)
- 3 x PWN
- AES HW encryption
- 12-bit ADC
- Real Time Counter (RTC)
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- On-chip balen
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware update
- Automated power management systems with automatic power management of each peripheral.
Benefits of the ITracker Pro:
- Multiple radios: Support for BLE and GSM on one board for the best of short range and long range communication use cases
- Support for GPS: Can be used as a tracker equipment along with internet connectivity using GSM module on board.
- BLE provides low power use cases: with the presence of the nrf52 as the main processor handling the peripheral, we have a rich set of interrupt driven
APIs and support for low power modes in software.
- Support for serial bootloader and DFU OTA bootloader: Makes software programming very easy for developers. an use their Android phones to send software
- Support for Mbed and pre built libraries for accessing the on-board sensors.
- Small form factor and slim profile makes it easy to integrate the board into existing designs easily.
- Extra GPIO exposed via HOST board provides the ability to add more peripherals to the board.
- HOST board provides serial to UART connector enabling the use of serial bootloader for programming.
- 4G LTE and NB IoT variants provide the ability for developers to design products which can leverage the speed of 4G or the light weight NB IoT framework
to send and receive data.
- Low power sleep modes we can extend the working hours of the module from days to months.
- Support for battery and associated circuit provides flexible standalone operation.
- Arduino IDE
- nrf52 IoT SDK
- Blynk APIs
- Espruino JS APIs
- Contiki OS
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty + Additional 1 Year Instrument Choice Warranty