In the sushi making process, pH monitoring is considered to be essential and a number of customers are required to maintain a record of hold times and pH levels. Most regulations require that sushi rice is acidified by acid such as vinegar in order to maintain a pH below 4.6. The lower pH inhibits
the growth of bacteria to keep the sushi rice safe for consumption.
The HI981035 Foodcare Sushi pH Tester has been designed with many advanced features including a uniquely designed glass body pH electrode that has flat
tip for surface measurements. The flat tip electrode coupled with an open reference junction allows for the direct contact surface measurement of pH.
This is very beneficial when trying to measure the pH of sushi rice that is a solid.
The sushi rice pH electrode features an open junction design. The open junction design is necessary in order to permit contact between the internal reference
cell and the surface of the rice. It is this design that allows for the direct measurement of sushi rice without having to make a slurry with rice
and purified water.
- Large LCD: An enhanced LCD displays the measurement reading, stability indicator, low battery indicator, and calibration tags.
- Automatic Calibration: The Foodcare Sushi pH Tester is calibrated automatically to one or two points. The calibration buffers are automatically
recognized and after calibration the buffer values used are shown on the display.
- Stability Indicator: An hourglass indicator is displayed on the LCD until a stable reading is obtained. Once a reading stabilizes, the
indicator disappears and a reading can be taken.
- Automatic Shut-off: The meter can be set to automatically turn off after 8 minutes or 60 minutes to conserve battery life in the event
that the meter is left on. The auto-off feature can also be disabled.
- Probe Diagnostic: During calibration the meter will display error (Err) message as an indicator that the probe needs to be cleaned.
- Long Battery Life: The Foodcare Sushi pH Tester has an exceptional battery life of approximately 1000 hours. When the battery power is
running low, a low battery indicator is displayed.
- Plastic Carrying Case: The HI98103 Foodcare Sushi pH Tester is supplied complete with meter, probe, calibration solutions, and cleaning
solutions. All contents are packaged in a durable plastic carrying case.
- Economical: The Foodcare Sushi pH Tester is a fully featured meter at a price that is affordable for both the hobbyist and Sushi making
- The HI981035 is supplied with built in Sushi pH electrode, HI70004 pH 4.01 buffer solution sachet (2), HI70007 pH 7.01 buffer solution
sachet (2), HI700641 cleaning and disinfection solution for dairy products sachet (2), HI9072 storage solution (13 ml), instruction
manual, instrument quality certificate, and plastic carrying case.
- Flat tip pH Electrode: A flat tip pH electrode allows for the direct measurement of solids by simply touching the surface of the product.
No slurries to make with purified water.
- pH Electrode with open junction: The pH electrode of this tester uses an open outer junction design. The open junction is clogging resistant
due to the hard gel surface known as Viscolene that is used for the reference cell. When the junction becomes coated with starch from
the rice simply clean the probe to expose the viscolene reference.
- Glass Body: The glass body of the pH electrode is not porous and has no traps for food particles. The glass can be easily cleaned and
reduce the risk of bacterial contaminants.
- Other advanced features include automatic calibration to one or two points, automatic buffer recognition, calibrated buffer tags, stability indicator, low battery indicator, and selectable automatic shut off.
- pH Range: 0.0 to 14.0 pH
- pH Resolution: 0.1 pH
- pH Accuracy at 25 oC/ 77 oF: +/- 0.2 pH
- Calibration: Automatic one or two-point with three standard buffers available (pH 4.01 and 7.01)
- Electrode: pH electrode with flat tip and open junction for surface measurements
- Automatic Shut-off: User selectable: off, 8 or 60 min.
- Battery Type: CR2032 lithium ion battery (1)
- Battery Life: Approximately 1000 hours of continuous use
- Environment: 0 to 50 C (32 to 122 F); RH 95% max
- Dimensions: 50 x 160 x 21 mm (2 x 6.3 x 0.9 inches)
Video: Unboxing the IC-HI981035 Foodcare Sushi pH Tester