The ALTA wireless air speed sensor measures the pressure difference between two input ports, the temperature, and altitude determines the speed at which the air is moving in a system and transmits the measurement to iMonnit. The sensor measures the pressure difference between two ports.
When viewing the sensor from the top, the right inlet port is the negative or low side pressure input. When the pressure on this port is greater than the
left port the sensor produces a negative pressure reading. When the pressure is greater on the left port the sensor produces a positive pressure reading.
Combined with the temperature and the altitude, the sensor determines at what rate the air is flowing in a system.
ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14
walls typical). Using Frequency-hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) also allows ALTA sensors to have better interference immunity from other wireless devices.
Superior power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit's standard wireless sensors. Monnit's AA sensors have a battery
life that typically lasts 10+ years.
Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet
outage, or out of range). Messages that can't be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication
with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
- Building / Room Pressure
- Air Flow
- Variable Air Volume Filter Status
- Duct Pressure
- Clean Rooms
- Fume Hoods
- Computer Rooms
- Pressure Range: -500 Pa to 500 Pa
- Allowable Overpressure: 100 kPa
- Rated Burst Pressure: 500 kPa
- Max Humidity for Long-Term Exposure: 40 C dew point
- Sensing Range (Range at 0 m Altitude): 0-30m/s
- Sensing Range (Range at 5000 m Altitude): 0-30m/s
- Sensing Range (Range at 8000 m Altitude): 0-50m/s
- Span Repeatability: 0.5% of reading
- Span Shift Due to Temperature Variation: < 0.5% of reading per 10 C
- Offset Stability: < 0.05 Pa/year
- Calibrated For: Air, N2
- Media Compatibility: Air, N2, O2, non-condensing
- Battery Type: 2 Replaceable AA 1.5 V Batteries
- Dimension: 4.375 in x 2.470 in x 1.12 in
- Supply Voltage: 2.0 - 3.8 V (2 x AA 1.5V Batteries or Optional Power Supply)
- Battery Life: At 1 hour heartbeat setting, included AA batteries will typically last 6-8 Years
- Max Operating Temperature Using AA Alkaline: -18 C to 55 C (0 F to 130 F)
- Max Operating Temperature Using AA Lithium: -40 C to 60 C (-40 F to 140 F)
- Optimal Battery Operating Temperature: +10 C to +50 C (+50 F to +122 F)
- Enclosure Material: ABS