The wireless accelerometer - Impact Detection sensor activates when g-forces are exceeded by a user defined threshold up to 8 g-force. The user can key in the desired threshold for the g-force trigger. This sensor has two operation modes that can be also selected by the user: High Performance and Low
Power. High Performance has an output data rate of 800 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 16 Hz while the Low Power has an output data rate of
12.5 Hz with the High Pass Filter cutoff at 0.25 Hz.
ALTA sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,000+ feet through walls (12-14
walls typical). Using Frequency-hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) also allows ALTA sensors to have better interference immunity from other wireless devices.
Superior power management provides ALTA sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit's standard wireless sensors. Monnit's AA sensors have a battery
life that typically lasts 10+ years.
ALTA products employ Monnit's new Encrypt-RF™ Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages),
so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
Integrated on-board data storage allows ALTA sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet
outage, or out of range). Messages that can't be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication
with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
Over-the-air updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
Notes: These accelerometers do not "stream" continuous data. Please reference the data sheet for further information.
- Sensitivity Range: +/- 2.0 g
- Measurement Accuracy:+/- 2.5 %
- Minimum G Force to Turn On/Wake Up: 0.050 g - 0.100 g
- Fastest Update Interval/Heart Rate in Any Configuration: 1 Minute Sampling Rate: 500 Samples/Sec.
- Sensitivity: 096 count/g
- Data Rate: 12.5 Hz Low Power, 800 Hz High Performance
- High Pass Filter: 0.25 Hz Low Power, 16 Hz High Performance
- Measurement Current: 6 uA Low Power, 165 uA High Performance
- Battery Type: 2 Replaceable AA 1.5 V Batteries
- Dimensions: 4.375 in x 2.470 in x 1.12 in
- Supply Voltage: 2.0 - 3.8 V (2 x AA 1.5V Batteries or Optional Power Supply)
- Battery Life: At 1 hour heartbeat setting, included AA batteries will typically last 6-8 Years.
- Max Operating Temperature Using AA Alkaline: -18 C to 55 C (0 F to 130 F)
- Max Operating Temperature Using AA Lithium: -40 C to 60 C (-40 F to 140 F)
- Optimal Battery Operating Temperature: +10 C to +50 C (+50 F to +122 F)
- Enclosure Material: ABS
- Sleep mode: 0.7 uA
- Radio idle/off mode: 2 mA
- Measurement mode: 2 mA
- Radio RX mode: 25mA
- Radio TX mode: 35mA