Product Code: ICHM-1
The HM-1 HAZMAT weather station is designed for first responders to hazardous material incidents. The weather station provides important real-time information for monitoring and responding to incidents. The station works in conjunction with CAMEO/ALOHA software that enables responders to monitor plume dispersion.
The HM-1 HAZMAT weather station is designed for first responders to hazardous material incidents. The weather station provides important real-time information
for monitoring and responding to incidents. The station works in conjunction with CAMEO/ALOHA software that enables responders to monitor plume dispersion.
CAMEO was developed by Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office (CEPPO) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Office
of Response and Restoration (NOAA). The software was developed for front-line chemical emergency planners and responders. CAMEO helps in evaluating
and predicting dispersion patterns. The portable nature of the HM-1 and its long range radio allows responders to monitor the situation in real-time
and from a safe distance.
For this reason the HM-1 includes a radiation detector, this sensor gives first responders an early warning for the presence of radiation. We hope that
nobody ever needs the sensor but hopefully the fact that it is present will give those on the front line a little peace of mind.
* Rapid Deployment: The HM-1 is packed in a single heavy duty transport case. The case contains the tripod, sensor assembly, display and battery chargers. The sensor assembly fits into the case as a single unit and does not require any assembly. The display is housed in its own self contained case that fits into the main transport case. The tripod has twist-locking connections and does not require any tools. It takes less than 2 minutes to get the system setup and operational.
* Electronic Compass: The sensor assembly contains an internal electronic compass that ensures that the reported wind direction is accurate regardless of the assembly's orientation.
* Battery Operated: The weather station sensor assembly is powered from four alkaline D cells. For fixed installations extension cables are available for permanently connecting power. The display also contains re-chargeable lead-acid batteries. In addition, it can be powered from 12 Volts DC or 110 VAC (with the transformer provided). This allows the display to be permanently installed in a vehicle or control room.
* Spread Spectrum Radios: FCC approved 900 MHz spread-spectrum radios are used to ensure quality interference free reception between the station and display even at ranges of up to 7 miles. Ranges in excess of a 1/4 mile require clear line of sight.
* Computer Interface: Integrated serial interface that is compatible with CAMEO/ALOHA. This industry standard software suite was developed by the EPA and NOAA specifically for hazmat teams. It is free software and available here https://www.epa.gov/ceppo/cameo/.
* Radiation Detector: The sensor assembly includes a nuclear radiation detector for early warning and general monitoring of radiation levels. The display shows both the current level in REMs and total exposure in REM hours. Note: This sensor is designed to function as an early warning and does not replace hand held Geiger counters.
* Sensors: The HM-1 has all the standard wind speed, wind direct and temperature sensors required by CAMEO/ALOHA. In addition, the display reports barometric pressure, relative humidity, dew point, heat index and nuclear radiation. Specifications
* LED Display: The display uses seven segment LED display for reporting parameters. These displays have the advantage over LCD displays in that they are bright and easily readable at a distance even in low light conditions. They also do not suffer from the limited viewing angle that is common with LCD displays.
* Multiple Units / Multiple Displays: Sensors may be coded so that one site can use multiple systems without the chance of interference. Alternatively one HSA-1 sensor assembly can be used with multiple RDI-1 displays.
* Rugged Construction: The sensor assembly is constructed of durable polyvinyl chloride, fibreglass and aluminum. These materials are non-corrosive and non-sparking. The wind sensor is made from durable Lexan™/ABS and is strong enough to be permanently attached to the sensor assembly. This makes setup and take down quick and easy. The display is built into a durable plastic carry case that simply closes when not in use and requires no other packaging.
* Affordable: Hazmat weather stations have traditionally been an expensive investment for first responders. With decreasing budgets and increasing responsibilities we see the need for an affordable unit. This resulted in the creation of the HM-1 with all the features but without the cost.
* 5 Year Warranty: The HM-1 is solidly engineered and built, it is designed to give many years of service. We therefore are offering an unmatched 5 year no hassle warranty.
ICHM-1 (372 KB)
2.4 GHz 15 dBi Yagi Antenna - 4ft RP-SMA Plug Connector
Product Code: IC-HG2415Y-RSP
The HyperGain HG2415Y Radome Enclosed Yagi WiFi Antenna features high gain and a 30 beam-width. It is ideally suited for directional and multipoint IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n wireless LANs, Bluetooth�, public wireless hotspot applications and other systems operating in the 2.4GHz ISM band.
Instrument Choice is the dominant, fastest growing, independent supplier of scientific instruments in Australasia. We are passionate for you to enjoy an outstanding experience while we support you to conduct experiments and select the right scientific instruments for meaningful, accurate measurements.
Many of our customers write to us to express their appreciation.
“I had some questions about the humidity alarm I purchased. The support team were very helpful. I highly recommend Instrument Choice” - Mark
“The fact that I can contact Instrument Choice and speak to an experienced technician is extremely helpful.” – Matty
“Amazing assistance over the phone, exceptional communication during the whole ordering process, super-fast freight!!” – Jillian
“The item I bought was fantastic, the order came in very reasonable time, I loved the lollies :), and have been very impressed with the after sales service. I have my own business, and so appreciate the effort of customer service. You guys are fantastic.” - Leanne
How We Support You - “Our huge range of high-quality products, backed by experienced scientists, risk-free purchasing terms and overnight shipping makes Instrument Choice the risk-free way to secure the right product for your application and have it delivered direct to your door.” - Tyson Grubb (Founder & CEO)
Expert, Responsive, Friendly, Continuous (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Here’s a little secret - each member of our customer service team is a qualified, experienced scientist. What’s more, they appreciate your need for supportive
communication. You can expect:
✔ Quotes within a business hour
✔ 3 business hour responses to email inquiries
✔ Unlimited phone/email support - even after your warranty has expired!
Need a hand? Contact us
Free, Experienced, Independent (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Our customers can often become frustrated by a lack of familiarity with a special application or struggle to understand an unfamiliar device. We love to help and enjoy advising about things like, how to:
✔ Set up and use your equipment
✔ Set-up trials and experiments
✔ Calibrate scientific equipment
✔ Save on the total cost of owning and operating scientific equipment - over and above the listed price for item …. And many more
We love a challenge – so please test us!
For many of us time is money. Finding and purchasing the right scientific instrument shouldn’t be a hassle. So, we made it easy for you to shop with us.
✔ Online Store: We have a comprehensive product range, our website is easy to navigate, and the shopping cart is a smooth experience. If you know what model you want, you can find it fast using our search functions. On the other hand, you can navigate through our menus or contact a scientist.
✔ Unsure of what you need? You’re not alone! Our experts are highly-trained and ready to guide you to the best value-for-money product for your application. If your needs are complex, don’t worry. We’ll do our research and then recommend your best solution – even if it’s not supplied by Instrument Choice!
✔ Huge Range of Products: We are a one-stop-shop with solutions for a wide range of applications.
✔ Not in Our Range? We will track it down for you, no worries.
✔ Order Your Way: Ordering options to suit you - online, phone, fax, email, mail. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, EFT, Cheque, Account (application required).
✔ Free 30 Day Accounts Available: Australian or New Zealand councils, universities, schools, hospitals or government departments will be automatically set-up with a free account. Also, Instrument Choice’s quotes and delivery procedures conform to government best practice procedures.
Why pay for shipping when Instrument Choice has negotiated such amazing freight rates for Australia and New Zealand? Overnight shipping is available to capital cities for 93% of stocked items, the rest still travel by express road to get to you quickly.
We insist you pay zero, zilch… absolutely nothing for shipping on orders over $100 (inc. GST)!
Get details about our super-fast and secure shipping options here
Imagine you buy your equipment, it arrives and - oh no – it’s wrong for your application. What a bummer! Relax, Instrument Choice will make sure you’ll never be stuck with any unwanted scientific instrument.
Here’s how we guarantee you risk-free purchasing:
✔ 30-day free returns & money-back guarantee – Instrument Choice’s free returns policy means that for any warranty claim, Instrument Choice will absorb the freight costs to return your purchased item. We offer our customers this irrespective of whether you are entitled to your money-back or a replacement product!
✔ Additional 1 Year Product Warranty - Compare the difference! Nearly all scientific instrument suppliers charge an additional 15-40% for an extended warranty. We automatically provide an extended extra 1 year warranty free of charge!
Let’s be clear. We stand by our equipment and our customers. Instrument Choice’s warranty exceeds that of any other supplier, as well as the warranty of the manufacturer. We will add an extra 1-year warranty on everything apart from consumables. *
* Consumables include any item(s) used in conjunction with the operation of a product that degrades over time and needs regular replacement. To assist you with your purchase, Instrument Choice lists any consumables required for the operation of a product on its relevant product page. Examples of consumables include but are not limited to:
✔ Satisfaction Guarantee - If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase and you can’t find a satisfactory outcome under our Returns or Extended Warranty policies, please contact us and tell us share your concerns. Our commitment is to ensure you will always be satisfied with our service.
Contact our expert scientists now to get the right meter or data logger to suit your needs and discuss your project.