Measure Visible Light Transmittance (VLT) of automotive glass as well as any glass/film up to 1/4" or 6.5mm thick. The TC3800 has a two-piece design that
allows for testing of the windshield, as well as rear and side automotive windows. It has several advantages over existing tint meters in the marketplace.
The Tint-Chek PRO is designed to be the perfect size for your hand allowing for single hand operation without fumbling with units that are too small or
too large. The TC3800 uses clever patent-pending techniques to remove any ambient light conditions that may be changing in the testing environment. For
instance, stray headlights and cloud cover have been known to negatively impact the performance of other VLT meters that are on the market today. The instrument
will also turn itself off after several minutes of non-use which helps conserve battery power.
The TC3800 is the easiest unit on the market, with 3 easy to use steps. Step One: Push Power Button. Step Two: Place on Window. Step Three: Press Power
Button. The results instantly appear! The Tint-Chek PRO is powered with a 9-volt alkaline battery, which provides extremely long life. The meter has a
slide-out battery cover, separate from the electronics. No risk of damaging your unit or destroying your calibration when replacing batteries that force
you to open the unit. Competing models require removing screws that are easy to lose and requires a non-standard size of screwdriver. The TC3800 is rugged,
will last for many years, and will be worth your investment.
- Two-Piece Unit - The two-piece design allows for testing of the windshield, as well as rear and side windows. The Reflector Unit does not contain
any electronics and simply houses the reflector and magnets to help in aligning the two enclosures together for measurements.
- Convenient Size and easy operation - The overall size of the product is only 5.1" x 2.6" x 2.0". This unit is the perfect size for your hand
allowing for single hand operation without fumbling with units that are too small or too large
- Backlit LCD display - Backlighting is very helpful when using the meter in darker environments. It is especially beneficial when being used
in the evening, on overcast days, or even indoors. Most competing models do not offer a backlit display option which prevents windows from easily
being tested at night. With the Tint-Chek +, windows can be tested at any time of day, and the results can be easily seen. The TC3800 is
the only product on the market with a backlit display.
- Increased resolution - The TC3800 displays measurements to the nearest 0.1%. This will remove the rounding errors that can occur with lower
cost models. For instance, a window may have a VLT value of 39.5%, which could be less accurately rounded up to 40% on competing devices.
- No mechanical lever switches - The Tint-Chek is designed with no moving parts which results in tremendous reliability and durability. This
also means you can slide the glass into the opening in any direction, with no concern for damaging the lever switch or scratching the surface of the
glass being tested.
- All Digital, micro-processor controlled electronics - The TC3800 takes high-speed measurements shown on the real-time display. No drifting of values,
as the TC3800 locks on one accurate result. The instrument will also turn itself off after several minutes of non-use which helps conserve battery
- Built for accuracy and reliability - The TC3800 uses clever patent-pending techniques to remove any ambient light conditions that may be changing
in the testing environment. For instance, stray headlights and cloud cover have been known to negatively impact the performance of older VLT
meters that are on the market today. The meter comes from the factory calibrated to a NIST traceable standard.
- Slimmer, pocket-friendly size and larger display - The overall size of the product is only 5" x 2.5" x 1". Most existing models on the market are
as big as 6" x 3.5" x 1.5" or larger. This reduction in size makes the product easier to carry, handle and store. The TC1800 is so thin
it fits comfortably into a shirt pocket. It also makes the device easier to slip around tight edges of a car window that does not open as far.
- Wavelength: 550 Nanometers
- Resolution: 0.1 %
- Accuracy: +/- 2 Percentage Points
- Repeatability: 1 Percentage Point
- Measurement range: 0 to 100% Light Transmission
- Sample thickness: 0 to 0.25 inches (0 to 6.5 mm)
- Minimum sample size: 1 inch x 1/2 inch (25 x 13mm)
- Operating temperature: -17 C to +50 C (0 F to 122 F)
- Storage Temperature: -20 C to +70 C (-4 F to 158 F)
- Testing time: 1 sec initial response
- Light source: LED
- Instrument dimensions: 5 x 2.5 x 1 inches (127 x 63.5 x 25.4mm)
- Power source: 9V Alkaline battery (inlcluded)