• Backlit Graphic LCD Display
- The HI98195 features a backlit graphic LCD with on-screen help and the capability to display up to nine parameters simultaneously. The graphic display allows for the use of virtual keys to provide for an intuitive user interface.
• Waterproof Protection
- The meter is enclosed in an IP67 rated waterproof casing and can withstand immersion in water at a depth of 1 m for up to 30 minutes. The probe features an IP68 rating for continuous immersion in water.
• Quick Connect Digital Probe
- The HI7698195 probe features a Quick Connect DIN connector that makes a waterproof connection with the meter.
• Color Coded, Field Replaceable Sensors
- Sensor replacement is quick and easy with field replaceable, screw type connectors that are color coded for easy sensor port identification.
• Auto-sensor Recognition
- The probe and meter automatically recognize the sensors that are connected. Any ports not used on the probe will not have the parameter displayed or be configurable.
• Automatic temperature compensation
- Integrated temperature sensor allows for automatic temperature compensation of pH and conductivity measurements.
• Standard or Quick Calibration
- Quick Calibration provides a speedy, single point calibration for pH and conductivity. Standard pH calibration options are available for calibrating up to three points from a selection of five standard buffers and one custom buffer. Conductivity calibration is a single point from six standard selections or one custom standard.
• GLP Data
- HI98195 includes a GLP feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data includes date, time, buffers/standards used for calibration, and slope characteristics.
• Data Logging
- The HI98195 allows users to store up to 45,000 continuous or log-on-demand samples with logging intervals from one second to three hours.
• Intuitive Keypad
- The fitted rubber keypad has dedicated keys for power, backlight, up/down arrows, help and alphanumeric characters. The meter also features two virtual soft keys that navigate the user through the configuration of each parameter, meter setup, and logging of data. The interface is intuitive for any user’s level of experience.
• Dedicated Help Key
- Contextual help is always available through a dedicated “HELP” key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
• PC Connectivity
- Logged data can be transferred to a Window’s compatible PC with the included HI920015 micro USB cable and HI9298194 software.
• Long Battery Life
- The display of the meter has a battery icon indicator to show the remaining power. The meter uses four 1.5V AA batteries that provide up to 360 hours of battery life.
• Rugged thermoformed carrying case
- The HI98195 meter, probe, and all accessories are supplied in a rugged carrying case designed to provide years of use. The inside compartment of the carrying case is thermoformed to securely hold and protect all of the components.
• pH Range: 0.00 to 14.00 pH
• pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
• pH Accuracy: ±0.02 pH
• pH Calibration: automatic one, two, or three points with automatic recognition of five standard buffers (pH 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01) or one custom buffer
• mV Range: ±600.0 mV
• mV Resolution: 0.1 mV
• mV Accuracy: ±0.5 mV
• ORP Range: ±2000.0 mV
• ORP Resolution: 0.1 mV
• ORP Accuracy: ±1.0 mV
• ORP Calibration: automatic at one custom point (relative mV)
• EC Range: 0 to 9999 µS/cm; 0.000 to 200.0 mS/cm (absolute EC up to 400.0 mS/cm)
• EC Resolution auto-ranging: 1 µS/cm from 0 to 9999 µS/cm; 0.01 mS/cm from 10.00 to 99.99 mS/cm; 0.1 mS/cm from 100.0 to 400.0 mS/cm; auto-ranging (fixed mS/cm): 0.001 mS/cm from 0.000 to 9.999 mS/cm; 0.01 from 100.0 to 400.0 mS/cm ; manual: 1 µS/cm; 0.001 mS/cm; 0.01
• EC Accuracy: ±1% of reading or ±1 µS/cm whichever is greater
• EC Calibration: Automatic single point, with six standard solutions (84 µS/cm, 1413 µS/cm, 5.00 mS/cm, 12.88 mS/cm, 80.0 mS/cm, 111.8 mS/cm) or custom point
• TDS Range: 0 to 9999 ppm (mg/L); 0.000 to 400.0 ppt (g/L) (maximum value depends on TDS factor)
• TDS Resolution manual: 1 ppm (mg/L); 0.001 ppt (g/L); 0.01 ppt (g/L); 0.1 ppt (g/L); 1 ppt (g/L); auto-ranging: 1 ppm (mg/L) from 0 to 9999 ppm (mg/L); 0.01 ppt (g/L) from 10.00 to 99.99 ppt (g/L); 0.1 ppt (g/L) from 100.0 to 400.0 ppt (g/L); auto-ranging (fixed ppt):
• TDS Accuracy: ±1% of reading or ±1 ppm (mg/L), whichever is greater
• TDS Calibration: Based on conductivity calibration
• Resistivity Range: 0 to 999999 Ω•cm; 0 to 1000.0 kΩ•cm; 0 to 1.0000 MΩ•cm
• Resistivity Resolution: dependent on resistivity reading
• Resistivity Calibration: Based on conductivity calibration
• Salinity Range: 0.00 to 70.00 PSU
• Salinity Resolution: 0.01 PSU
• Salinity Accuracy: ±2% of reading or ±0.01 PSU whichever is greater
• Salinity Calibration: based on conductivity calibration
• Seawater σ Range: 0.0 to 50.0 σt, σ?, σ??
• Seawater σ Resolution: 0.1 σt, σ?, σ??
• Seawater σ Accuracy: ±1 σt, σ?, σ??
• Seawater σ Calibration: based on conductivity calibration
• Atmospheric Pressure Range: 450 to 850 mm Hg; 17.72 to 33.46 in Hg; 600.0 to 1133.2 mbar; 8.702 to 16.436 psi; 0.5921 to 1.1184 atm; 60.00 to 113.32 kPa
• Atmospheric Pressure Resolution: 0.1 mm Hg; 0.01 in Hg; 0.1 mbar; 0.001 psi; 0.0001 atm; 0.01 kPa
• Atmospheric Pressure Accuracy: ±3 mm Hg within ±15°C from the temperature during calibration
• Atmospheric Pressure Calibration: automatic at one custom point
• Temperature Range: -5.00 to 55.00 °C, 23.00 to 131.00 °F, 268.15 to 328.15 K
• Temperature Resolution: 0.01 K, 0.01 °C, 0.01 °F
• Temperature Accuracy: ±0.15 °C; ±0.27 °F; ±0.15 K
• Temperature Calibration: automatic at one custom point
• Temperature Compensation: automatic from -5 to 55 °C (23 to 131 °F)
• Logging Memory: 45,000 records (continuous logging or log-on-demand of all parameters)
• Logging Interval: One second to three hours
• PC Connectivity: USB to PC with HI9298194 Hanna software installed
• Battery Type/Life: 1.5V AA batteries (4) / approximately 360 hours of continuous use without backlight (50 hours with backlight)
• Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH 100% (IP67)
• Dimensions: 185 x 93 x 35.2 mm (7.3 x 3.6 x 1.4”)
Why Instrument Choice?
Instrument Choice is the dominant, fastest growing, independent supplier of scientific instruments in Australasia. We are passionate for you to enjoy an outstanding experience while we support you to conduct experiments and select the right scientific instruments for meaningful, accurate measurements.
Many of our customers write to us to express their appreciation.
“I had some questions about the humidity alarm I purchased. The support team were very helpful. I highly recommend Instrument Choice”
“The fact that I can contact Instrument Choice and speak to an experienced technician is extremely helpful.” – Matty
“Amazing assistance over the phone, exceptional communication during the whole ordering process, super-fast freight!!” – Jillian
“The item I bought was fantastic, the order came in very reasonable time, I loved the lollies :), and have been very impressed with the
after sales service. I have my own business, and so appreciate the effort of customer service. You guys are fantastic.” - Leanne
How We Support You - “Our huge range of high-quality products, backed by experienced scientists,
risk-free purchasing terms and overnight shipping makes Instrument Choice the risk-free way to secure the right product for your application and have
it delivered direct to your door.” - Tyson Grubb (Founder & CEO)
#1. SUPER-RESPONSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Expert, Responsive, Friendly, Continuous (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Here’s a little secret - each member of our customer service team is a qualified, experienced scientist. What’s more, they appreciate your need for supportive
communication. You can expect:
✔ Quotes within a business hour
✔ 3 business hour responses to email inquiries
✔ Unlimited phone/email support - even after your warranty has expired!
Need a hand? Contact us
#2. SPECIAL ADVICE FROM SCIENTISTS
Free, Experienced, Independent (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Our customers can often become frustrated by a lack of familiarity with a special application or struggle to understand an unfamiliar device. We love to
help and enjoy advising about things like, how to:
✔ Set up and use your equipment
✔ Set-up trials and experiments
✔ Calibrate scientific equipment
✔ Save on the total cost of owning and operating scientific equipment - over and above the listed price for item …. And many more
We love a challenge – so please test us!
Talk to a scientist
#3. Easy Shopping
For many of us time is money. Finding and purchasing the right scientific instrument shouldn’t be a hassle. So, we made it easy for you to shop with us.
✔ Online Store: We have a comprehensive product range, our website is easy to navigate, and the shopping cart is a smooth experience.
If you know what model you want, you can find it fast using our search functions. On the other hand, you can navigate through our menus or contact
✔ Unsure of what you need? You’re not alone! Our experts are highly-trained and ready to guide you to the best value-for-money product
for your application. If your needs are complex, don’t worry. We’ll do our research and then recommend your best solution – even if it’s not supplied
by Instrument Choice!
✔ Huge Range of Products: We are a one-stop-shop with solutions for a wide range of applications.
✔ Not in Our Range? We will track it down for you, no worries.
✔ Order Your Way: Ordering options to suit you - online, phone, fax, email, mail. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, EFT, Cheque, Account
✔ Free 30 Day Accounts Available: Australian or New Zealand councils, universities, schools, hospitals or government departments will
be automatically set-up with a free account. Also, Instrument Choice’s quotes and delivery procedures conform to government best practice procedures.
#4. Free Express Shipping
Why pay for shipping when Instrument Choice has negotiated such amazing freight rates for Australia and New Zealand? Overnight shipping is available to
capital cities for 93% of stocked items, the rest still travel by express road to get to you quickly.
We insist you pay zero, zilch… absolutely nothing for shipping on orders over $100 (inc. GST)!
Get details about our super-fast and secure shipping options here
#5. Guaranteed Risk-Free Purchasing
Imagine you buy your equipment, it arrives and - oh no – it’s wrong for your application. What a bummer! Relax, Instrument Choice will make sure you’ll
never be stuck with any unwanted scientific instrument.
Here’s how we guarantee you risk-free purchasing:
✔ 30-day free returns & money-back guarantee – Instrument Choice’s free returns policy means that for any warranty claim, Instrument
Choice will absorb the freight costs to return your purchased item. We offer our customers this irrespective of whether you are entitled to your money-back
or a replacement product!
✔ Additional 1 Year Product Warranty - Compare the difference! Nearly all scientific instrument suppliers charge an additional 15-40%
for an extended warranty. We automatically provide an extended extra 1 year warranty free of charge!
Let’s be clear. We stand by our equipment and our customers. Instrument Choice’s warranty exceeds that of any other supplier, as well as the warranty of
the manufacturer. We will add an extra 1-year warranty on everything apart from consumables. *
* Consumables include any item(s) used in conjunction with the operation of a product that degrades over time and needs regular replacement. To assist you with your purchase, Instrument Choice lists any consumables required for the operation of a product on its relevant product page. Examples of consumables include but are not limited to:
- Calibrations, Calibration solutions/standards
- Single use data loggers
- Custom Probes
✔ Satisfaction Guarantee - If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase and you can’t find a satisfactory outcome under our Returns
or Extended Warranty policies, please contact us and tell us share your concerns. Our commitment is to ensure you will always be satisfied with our
Contact our expert scientists now to get the right meter or data logger to suit your needs and discuss your project.
Phone: 1300 737 871
We can't help but get great compliments
"You seem well on top of it and will keep your site handy"
"Service from Tim was excellent. Very helpful and great to deal with! Very impressed."
"Prompt feedback and expert advice was the key!"
"Daniel replied within in minute sto my query with really good advice."
"I find you staff very helpfull (can do)"
"Brilliant service. 3 hr turnaround"
"This service has been great, website was fantastic."
"Keep going the way you are. Great customer service. I will definitely be recommending Instrument Choice to my friends. Thank You."
"SO IMPRESSED with your customer service! The phone answered straight away, the gentleman on the phone was extremely friendly and knew about the products.
(pH testing equipment). Thanks for making this easy."
"Keep up the good work and great customer service"
"THE REP I SPOKE TO WAS EXCELLENT - AND HELPED ME MAKE THE RIGHT PURCHASE DECISION, VERY HAPPY"
"Really efficient experience"
"Delivery was so quick I swear you sent it before I ordered it. Thanks"
"The service that you provide to me was soooooooooooo easy, i did not tear my hair trying to purchase your produts."
"Tim was extremely competent, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with."
"Very pleased with this purchase"
"Love the fast and friendly email confirming my order. Thanks"
"This was the first time I have purchased anything from Instrument Choice and will be recommending your company to my employer. Thank you very much for a stress free transaction. I wish other companies were as professional as yours. Well done. Keep up the excellent work."
"Excellent and prompt advice. Many thanks."
"It is good to see a good Range and Quality of instruments on one web site . Thanks"
"Perfect ..change nothing"
"Great website, great service and even better range of products. I will be certain to share your website amongst others"
"I found the staff there very knowledgeable and helpful. They helped me decide which product would best achieve my sampling requirements. When I wanted to purchase the item I wasn't able to use your search function to find the item. This is clearly a function that is a 'work in progress' and will improve efficiency of the purchase experience for customers. Generally speaking I have found Instrument Choice excellent to deal with and would recommend you as a supplier of choice."
"Easy to use. Quick transaction. The way it should be."
"Great service by your helpful staff who know their product!"
"One of the best online shopping experiences I have ever had. Not just web site ease of use, but also being kept informed along every step of the way so as to manage plans and expectations. Great site!"
"Thanks for providing such a smooth, painless service."
"The man on the phone was 100% great to work with - polite, helpful, fast... and there was no long waiting for the phone to answer. I got through to a human being immediately! I have only had this one interaction with your company, but it was perfect."
"Awesome service. Couldn't have asked for more prompt response to all my questions. Fantastic company. Excellent service. Perfect parts. Thankyou"
"Good service is always rewarded with a sale."
"As good a company as I have ever dealt with in terms of customer service, range of products and when there was a problem it was dealt with promptly and professionally."
"Incorrect item initially supplied, but rectified quickly & pre-paid return satchel supplied with correct items."
"Very happy with service. I rang and spoke to Daniel who was most helpful and recommended the PH tester I bought as opposed to another I was considering. Overall a pleasurable experience and the ongoing support is invaluable too."
"Keep up the excellent service"
"Great shopping experience. Like the products and customer service"
"Great help when asked. Very friendly and we had a good laugh. Great company and Aussie owned and operated."
"Keep doing what you are doing! Very impressed with the service I was given and especially the advice."
"Service exceptional, very helpful and efficient"
"Keep up the good service."
"Excellent product. Many thanks."
"It was a good experience from initial enquiry to product calibration and delivery - thank you"
"Will buy again when the need arises"
"Excellent Service,& Product range"
"Unbelievable service - thank you! Received in 2 days from ordering and we are over in Perth! Merry Christmas to you all"
"Keep doing what you are doing, very impressed with your service. Will be looking to do further business with you."
"Excellent service - THANK YOU!"
"Impressed with the followup of emails, deliveries"
"Best service ever....24 hours from order to delivery....perfect!"
"Excellent customer service from Tim which made it very easy to do business with you. Thanks."
"Your fast efficient service i found pleasing. Loved the lollies that came in the parcel"
"Thanks a lot. Great efficient service."
"Excellent company to deal with makes my job a lot easier. Love the lollies too :)"
"First order, so far very good."
"Very impressed with the ease of use of your online store, free express post, arrived in Tas the next day, excellent!! Thanks."
"Great service, good website and product range, quick delivery of a great item."
"Thanks for the prompt service"
"Keep up the good work! Your sales staff were excellent and friendly and the time to get through on the phone was about 15 seconds!"
"Fast, simple and easy to do business with"
"Nice to have well spoken and friendly people on the end of a phone call"
"Your customer service is excellent. thank you"
"Terrific service. Many thanks."
"Great phone service makes you stand out among the crowd. Together with good equipment range and good prices, really there's no competition as far as I can tell!"
"Yes, keep up the good work!!"
"Just great service ,friendly ,I was kept informed, great way to do business"
"Great range of interesting instruments"
"We were impressed with the prompt service and delivery of our order"
"Would like to commend Daniel for his continued helpful and professional service."
"Sales consultants were extremely helpful"
"Very good customer service. Pleased with the response."
"Your service was awesome and very much appreciated!!"
"Thanks for your quick delivery."
"Rapid response, great phone/online service. Many thanks."