Product Code: IC-HI98194
The HI98194 is a waterproof portable logging multiparameter meter that monitors up to 12 different water quality parameters including 6 measured and 6 calculated. The microprocessor based multi-sensor probe allows for the measurement of key parameters including pH, ORP, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, and temperature. The probe transmits readings digitally to the meter, where data points can be displayed and logged. The complete system is simple to setup and easy to use. The HI98194 is supplied with all necessary accessories and packaged in a durable carrying case.
-Backlit Graphic LCD Display - The HI98194 features a backlit graphic LCD with on-screen help and the capability to display up to twelve parameters simultaneously. The graphic display allows for the use of virtual keys to provide for an intuitive user interface.
-Waterproof Protection - The meter is enclosed in an IP67 rated waterproof casing and can withstand immersion in water at a depth of 1 m for up to 30 minutes. The probe features an IP68 rating for continuous immersion in water.
-Quick Connect Digital Probe - The HI7698194 probe features a Quick Connect DIN connector that makes a waterproof connection with the meter.
-Color Coded, Field Replaceable Sensors - Sensor replacement is quick and easy with field replaceable, screw type connectors that are color coded for easy sensor port identification.
-Auto-sensor Recognition - The probe and meter automatically recognize the sensors that are connected. Any ports not used on the probe will not have the parameter displayed or be configurable.
-Automatic temperature compensation - Integrated temperature sensor allows for automatic temperature compensation of pH, conductivity, and dissolved oxygen measurements.
-Automatic Barometric Pressure Compensation - The meter features a built-in barometer with user-selectable units for dissolved oxygen pressure compensation.
-Standard or Quick Calibration - Quick Calibration provides a speedy, single point calibration for pH, conductivity, and dissolved oxygen. Standard pH calibration options are available for calibrating up to three points from a selection of five standard buffers and one custom buffer. Conductivity calibration is a single point from six standard selections or one custom standard. Dissolved oxygen calibration is up to two standard points or a single custom point.
- GLP Data - HI98194 includes a GLP feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data includes date, time, buffers/standards used for calibration, and slope characteristics.
- Data Logging - The HI98194 allows users to store up to 45,000 continuous or log-on-demand samples with logging intervals from one second to three hours.
-Intuitive Keypad - The fitted rubber keypad has dedicated keys for power, backlight, up/down arrows, help and alphanumeric characters. The meter also features two virtual soft keys that navigate the user through the configuration of each parameter, meter setup, and logging of data. The interface is intuitive for any user's level of experience.
-Dedicated Help Key - Contextual help is always available through a dedicated "HELP" key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
-PC Connectivity - Logged data can be transferred to a Window's compatible PC with the included HI920015 micro USB cable and HI9298194 software.
-Long Battery Life - The display of the meter has a battery icon indicator to show the remaining power. The meter uses four 1.5V AA batteries that provide up to 360 hours of battery life.
-Rugged thermoformed carrying case - The HI98194 meter, probe, and all accessories are supplied in a rugged carrying case designed to provide years of use. The inside compartment of the carrying case is thermoformed to securely hold and protect all of the components.
- pH Range: 0.00 to 14.00 pH
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- pH Accuracy: +/- 0.02 pH
- pH Calibration: automatic one, two, or three points with automatic recognition of five standard buffers (pH 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01) or one custom buffer.
- mV Range: +/- 600.0 mV
- mV Resolution: 0.1 mV
- mV Accuracy: +/- 0.5 mV
- ORP Range: +/- 2000.0 mV
- ORP Resolution: 0.1 mV
- ORP Accuracy: +/- 1.0 mV
- ORP Calibration: automatic at one custom point (relative mV)
- EC Range: 0 to 9999 uS/cm; 0.000 to 200.0 mS/cm (absolute EC up to 400.0 mS/cm)
- EC Resolution auto-ranging: 1 uS/cm from 0 to 9999 uS/cm; 0.01 mS/cm from 10.00 to 99.99 mS/cm; 0.1 mS/cm from 100.0 to 400.0 mS/cm; auto-ranging (fixed mS/cm): 0.001 mS/cm from 0.000 to 9.999 mS/cm; 0.01 from 100.0 to 400.0 mS/cm ; manual: 1 uS/cm; 0.001 mS/cm; 0.01
- EC Accuracy: +/- 1% of reading or +/- 1 uS/cm whichever is greater
- EC Calibration: automatic single point, with six standard solutions (84 uS/cm, 1413 uS/cm, 5.00 mS/cm, 12.88 mS/cm, 80.0 mS/cm, 111.8 mS/cm) or custom point
- TDS Range: 0 to 9999 ppm (mg/L); 0.000 to 400.0 ppt (g/L) (maximum value depends on TDS factor)
- TDS Resolution: manual: 1 ppm (mg/L); 0.001 ppt (g/L); 0.01 ppt (g/L); 0.1 ppt (g/L); 1 ppt (g/L); auto-ranging: 1 ppm (mg/L) from 0 to 9999 ppm (mg/L); 0.01 ppt (g/L) from 10.00 to 99.99 ppt (g/L); 0.1 ppt (g/L) from 100.0 to 400.0 ppt (g/L); auto-ranging (fixed ppt):
- TDS Accuracy: +/- 1% of reading or +/-1 ppm (mg/L), whichever is greater
- TDS Calibration: based on conductivity calibration
- Salinity Range: 0.00 to 70.00 PSU
- Salinity Resolution: 0.01 PSU
- Salinity Accuracy: +/- 2% of reading or +/- 0.01 PSU whichever is greater
- Salinity Calibration: based on conductivity calibration
- Seawater ? Range: 0.0 to 50.0 ?t, ??, ???
- Seawater ? Resolution: 0.1 ?t, ??, ???
- Seawater ? Accuracy: +/- 1 ?t, ??, ???
- Seawater ? Calibration: based on conductivity calibration
- DO Range: 0.0 to 500.0%; 0.00 to 50.00 ppm (mg/L)
- DO Resolution: 0.1%; 0.01 ppm (mg/L)
- DO Accuracy: 0.0 to 300.0% saturation: +/- 1.5% of reading or +/- 1.0% saturation whichever is greater, 0.00 to 30.00 ppm (mg/L): +/- 1.5% of reading or +/- 0.10 ppm (mg/L), whichever is greater, 30.00 ppm (mg/L) to 50.00 ppm (mg/L): +/-3% of reading, 300.0 to 500.0% saturation: +/- 3% of reading
- DO Calibration: automatic one or two points at 0 and 100% or one custom point
- Atmospheric Pressure Range: 450 to 850 mm Hg; 17.72 to 33.46 in Hg; 600.0 to 1133.2 mbar; 8.702 to 16.436 psi; 0.5921 to 1.1184 atm; 60.00 to 113.32 kPa
- Atmospheric Pressure Resolution: 0.1 mm Hg; 0.01 in Hg; 0.1 mbar; 0.001 psi; 0.0001 atm; 0.01 kPa
- Atmospheric Pressure Accuracy: +/- 3 mm Hg within +/- 15 C from the temperature during calibration
- Atmospheric Pressure Calibration: automatic at one custom point
- Temperature Range: -5.00 to 55.00 C, 23.00 to 131.00 F, 268.15 to 328.15 K
- Temperature Resolution: 0.01 K, 0.01 C, 0.01 F
- Temperature Accuracy: +/- 0.15 C; +/- 0.27 F; +/- 0.15 K
- Temperature Calibration: automatic at one custom point
- Temperature Compensation: automatic from -5 to 55 C (23 to 131 F)
- Logging Memory: 45,000 records (continuous logging or log-on-demand of all parameters)
- Logging Interval: one second to three hours
- PC Connectivity: USB to PC with HI9298194 Hanna software installed
- Battery Type/Life: 1.5V AA batteries (4) / approximately 360 hours of continuous use without backlight (50 hours with backlight)
- Environment: 0 to 50 C (32 to 122 F); RH 100% (IP67)
- Dimensions: 185 x 93 x 35.2 mm (7.3 x 3.6 x 1.4 inches)
Instrument Choice is the dominant, fastest growing, independent supplier of scientific instruments in Australasia. We are passionate for you to enjoy an outstanding experience while we support you to conduct experiments and select the right scientific instruments for meaningful, accurate measurements.
Many of our customers write to us to express their appreciation.
“I had some questions about the humidity alarm I purchased. The support team were very helpful. I highly recommend Instrument Choice” - Mark
“The fact that I can contact Instrument Choice and speak to an experienced technician is extremely helpful.” – Matty
“Amazing assistance over the phone, exceptional communication during the whole ordering process, super-fast freight!!” – Jillian
“The item I bought was fantastic, the order came in very reasonable time, I loved the lollies :), and have been very impressed with the after sales service. I have my own business, and so appreciate the effort of customer service. You guys are fantastic.” - Leanne
How We Support You - “Our huge range of high-quality products, backed by experienced scientists, risk-free purchasing terms and overnight shipping makes Instrument Choice the risk-free way to secure the right product for your application and have it delivered direct to your door.” - Tyson Grubb (Founder & CEO)
Expert, Responsive, Friendly, Continuous (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Here’s a little secret - each member of our customer service team is a qualified, experienced scientist. What’s more, they appreciate your need for supportive
communication. You can expect:
✔ Quotes within a business hour
✔ 3 business hour responses to email inquiries
✔ Unlimited phone/email support - even after your warranty has expired!
Need a hand? Contact us
Free, Experienced, Independent (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Our customers can often become frustrated by a lack of familiarity with a special application or struggle to understand an unfamiliar device. We love to help and enjoy advising about things like, how to:
✔ Set up and use your equipment
✔ Set-up trials and experiments
✔ Calibrate scientific equipment
✔ Save on the total cost of owning and operating scientific equipment - over and above the listed price for item …. And many more
We love a challenge – so please test us!
For many of us time is money. Finding and purchasing the right scientific instrument shouldn’t be a hassle. So, we made it easy for you to shop with us.
✔ Online Store: We have a comprehensive product range, our website is easy to navigate, and the shopping cart is a smooth experience. If you know what model you want, you can find it fast using our search functions. On the other hand, you can navigate through our menus or contact a scientist.
✔ Unsure of what you need? You’re not alone! Our experts are highly-trained and ready to guide you to the best value-for-money product for your application. If your needs are complex, don’t worry. We’ll do our research and then recommend your best solution – even if it’s not supplied by Instrument Choice!
✔ Huge Range of Products: We are a one-stop-shop with solutions for a wide range of applications.
✔ Not in Our Range? We will track it down for you, no worries.
✔ Order Your Way: Ordering options to suit you - online, phone, fax, email, mail. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, EFT, Cheque, Account (application required).
✔ Free 30 Day Accounts Available: Australian or New Zealand councils, universities, schools, hospitals or government departments will be automatically set-up with a free account. Also, Instrument Choice’s quotes and delivery procedures conform to government best practice procedures.
Why pay for shipping when Instrument Choice has negotiated such amazing freight rates for Australia and New Zealand? Overnight shipping is available to capital cities for 93% of stocked items, the rest still travel by express road to get to you quickly.
We insist you pay zero, zilch… absolutely nothing for shipping on orders over $100 (inc. GST)!
Get details about our super-fast and secure shipping options here
Imagine you buy your equipment, it arrives and - oh no – it’s wrong for your application. What a bummer! Relax, Instrument Choice will make sure you’ll never be stuck with any unwanted scientific instrument.
Here’s how we guarantee you risk-free purchasing:
✔ 30-day free returns & money-back guarantee – Instrument Choice’s free returns policy means that for any warranty claim, Instrument Choice will absorb the freight costs to return your purchased item. We offer our customers this irrespective of whether you are entitled to your money-back or a replacement product!
✔ Additional 1 Year Product Warranty - Compare the difference! Nearly all scientific instrument suppliers charge an additional 15-40% for an extended warranty. We automatically provide an extended extra 1 year warranty free of charge!
Let’s be clear. We stand by our equipment and our customers. Instrument Choice’s warranty exceeds that of any other supplier, as well as the warranty of the manufacturer. We will add an extra 1-year warranty on everything apart from consumables. *
* Consumables include any item(s) used in conjunction with the operation of a product that degrades over time and needs regular replacement. To assist you with your purchase, Instrument Choice lists any consumables required for the operation of a product on its relevant product page. Examples of consumables include but are not limited to:
✔ Satisfaction Guarantee - If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase and you can’t find a satisfactory outcome under our Returns or Extended Warranty policies, please contact us and tell us share your concerns. Our commitment is to ensure you will always be satisfied with our service.
Contact our expert scientists now to get the right meter or data logger to suit your needs and discuss your project.