Product Code: IC-NSRTW_mk3
The NSRTW_mk3 is a wireless sound level meter datalogger with a dust-protected type 1 digital MEMS microphone, an accurate date/time clock, a non-volatile 128 Mb recording memory and wireless connectivity with fast USB and WiFi download.
The Wireless Sound Level Meter Data Logger NSRTW_mk3 is the third generation of Convergence Instrument's WiFi enabled smart integrating sound-level meters/data loggers. It includes a digital MEMS microphone, an accurate date/time clock, a non-volatile 128 Mb recording memory and wireless connectivity.
- Type I precision
- A, C and Z weighting curves.
- Integrating Sound-Level Meter, records L-max, L-min and Leq levels.
- Log interval adjustable from 125 ms (8 points per second) up to hours.
- Individual Manufacturer's Certificate of Calibration from Convergence Instrument provided with every instrument purchased.
- WiFi connectivity to report measured levels remotely and automatically at preset intervals.
- Open TCP/IP protocol, allows the customer to control the instrument remotely through a custom application.
- Email alerts for sound detected over specified threshold, as well as low-battery.
- Digital very sensitive MEMS microphone (30 dBA typical noise floor)
- Completely sealed weatherproof enclosure designed for outdoors applications. Now includes an ePTFE membrane that seals the microphone against dust and water.
- All-digital design.
- Ultra-stable sensitivity (field recalibration is easily done, but seldom required)
- Very low sensitivity variation due to temperature changes
- Very low sensitivity to vibrations
- Software function calculates global Leq and/or dose, according to ISO and OSHA methods.
- Adjustable response time.
- Preprogrammed recording start date/time.
- Integrated oscilloscope function that can show the acoustic signal in real time.
- Integrated spectral analyzer function that can show the spectrum (or 3rd-octave bands) in real time.
- Can be used as a high-quality USB digital microphone
- Allows the observation of recorded levels while the recording is ongoing.
- Works standalone, or USB connected.
- Long life internal rechargeable battery that recharges from USB and most USB chargers.
- Can be field-calibrated.
- Observes and records 100% of the acoustic signal (no missed samples).
- Editable individual custom ID for easier instrument management.
- All settings are stored in non-volatile memory. So the instrument will regain full functionality and WiFi connection from hard-reset or battery loss.
- Compatible with Convergence Instrument's Cloud service
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Microphone Sensor: Digital MEMs
- Precision Class: Complies with the precision requirements of IEC61672-2002 Type I
- Saturation Level (typical at 1 kHz): 120 dB-A, 120 dB-C, 120 dB-Z
- Temperature Error: Better than 0.6 dB (-20 C < T < 60 C)
- Sensitivity to Vibrations: 60 dBSPL/g (20 dB lower than typical measurement microphone)
- Weighting Curve: dB-A, dB-C, dB-Z
- Noise-Floor (Typical): 30 dB-A, 46 dB-C, 52 dB-Z
- Recording Resolution: 0.1 dB
- Duty Rate of Signal Capture: 100% - No Missed Samples
- Min Log Interval: 125 ms (8 points of Lmin, Lmax and LEQ per second)
- Real-Time Spectral Display: 2048-Point Power Spectrum; dB or Lin Scale.
- Calibration: Field-calibrated using a 94 dB 1/2 inch calibrator
- Connectivity: USB, WiFi
- Radio Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Radio Certification: FCC, IC, Japan, Korea, CE
- Battery Type: Integral Li-Poly - USB-Rechargeable
- Recharge Time: 2 h 30 (Typical)
- Battery Autonomy (Full-Charge): 7 days while recording (WiFi operation will drain battery slightly more, depending on rate of connect)
- Battery Life: > 300 Charge/Discharge Cycles
- Temperature Range: -20 C to 60 C (-4 F to 140 F)
- Recording Memory Type: Non-Volatile Flash Memory
- Recording Memory Capacity: 128 Mb, Ex: can continuously record Lmax, Lmin and Leq levels at 1s intervals for 32 days, or 10s intervals for 320 days.
- Recording/Erasure Cycles: Greater than 100 000
- Data Retention: Greater than 20 Years
- Dimensions: 19 mm x 42 mm x 160 mm (0.75 x 1.65 x 6.25 inch)
- Weight: 100 g (0.1 lbs)
- Construction: Weather-proof enclosure
- Microphone Dust Protection: Expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) dust and water barrier
- WiFi Security: Open, WEP, WPA / WPA2
- Server Connection: IP address/Domain Name
- Protocol: TCP/IP - Open protocol
Registering and activating an instrument on the Cloud:
NSRTW_mk3 Data Sheet (2803 KB)
NSRTW_mk3 User's Manual (971 KB)
Environmental Noise Control Guide (145 KB)
NSRTW_mk3 Cloud Network Guide (164 KB)
Instrument Choice is the dominant, fastest growing, independent supplier of scientific instruments in Australasia. We are passionate for you to enjoy an outstanding experience while we support you to conduct experiments and select the right scientific instruments for meaningful, accurate measurements.
Many of our customers write to us to express their appreciation.
“I had some questions about the humidity alarm I purchased. The support team were very helpful. I highly recommend Instrument Choice” - Mark
“The fact that I can contact Instrument Choice and speak to an experienced technician is extremely helpful.” – Matty
“Amazing assistance over the phone, exceptional communication during the whole ordering process, super-fast freight!!” – Jillian
“The item I bought was fantastic, the order came in very reasonable time, I loved the lollies :), and have been very impressed with the after sales service. I have my own business, and so appreciate the effort of customer service. You guys are fantastic.” - Leanne
How We Support You - “Our huge range of high-quality products, backed by experienced scientists, risk-free purchasing terms and overnight shipping makes Instrument Choice the risk-free way to secure the right product for your application and have it delivered direct to your door.” - Tyson Grubb (Founder & CEO)
Expert, Responsive, Friendly, Continuous (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Here’s a little secret - each member of our customer service team is a qualified, experienced scientist. What’s more, they appreciate your need for supportive
communication. You can expect:
✔ Quotes within a business hour
✔ 3 business hour responses to email inquiries
✔ Unlimited phone/email support - even after your warranty has expired!
Need a hand? Contact us
Free, Experienced, Independent (9 am - 5:30 pm weekdays)
Our customers can often become frustrated by a lack of familiarity with a special application or struggle to understand an unfamiliar device. We love to help and enjoy advising about things like, how to:
✔ Set up and use your equipment
✔ Set-up trials and experiments
✔ Calibrate scientific equipment
✔ Save on the total cost of owning and operating scientific equipment - over and above the listed price for item …. And many more
We love a challenge – so please test us!
For many of us time is money. Finding and purchasing the right scientific instrument shouldn’t be a hassle. So, we made it easy for you to shop with us.
✔ Online Store: We have a comprehensive product range, our website is easy to navigate, and the shopping cart is a smooth experience. If you know what model you want, you can find it fast using our search functions. On the other hand, you can navigate through our menus or contact a scientist.
✔ Unsure of what you need? You’re not alone! Our experts are highly-trained and ready to guide you to the best value-for-money product for your application. If your needs are complex, don’t worry. We’ll do our research and then recommend your best solution – even if it’s not supplied by Instrument Choice!
✔ Huge Range of Products: We are a one-stop-shop with solutions for a wide range of applications.
✔ Not in Our Range? We will track it down for you, no worries.
✔ Order Your Way: Ordering options to suit you - online, phone, fax, email, mail. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, EFT, Cheque, Account (application required).
✔ Free 30 Day Accounts Available: Australian or New Zealand councils, universities, schools, hospitals or government departments will be automatically set-up with a free account. Also, Instrument Choice’s quotes and delivery procedures conform to government best practice procedures.
Why pay for shipping when Instrument Choice has negotiated such amazing freight rates for Australia and New Zealand? Overnight shipping is available to capital cities for 93% of stocked items, the rest still travel by express road to get to you quickly.
We insist you pay zero, zilch… absolutely nothing for shipping on orders over $100 (inc. GST)!
Get details about our super-fast and secure shipping options here
Imagine you buy your equipment, it arrives and - oh no – it’s wrong for your application. What a bummer! Relax, Instrument Choice will make sure you’ll never be stuck with any unwanted scientific instrument.
Here’s how we guarantee you risk-free purchasing:
✔ 30-day free returns & money-back guarantee – Instrument Choice’s free returns policy means that for any warranty claim, Instrument Choice will absorb the freight costs to return your purchased item. We offer our customers this irrespective of whether you are entitled to your money-back or a replacement product!
✔ Additional 1 Year Product Warranty - Compare the difference! Nearly all scientific instrument suppliers charge an additional 15-40% for an extended warranty. We automatically provide an extended extra 1 year warranty free of charge!
Let’s be clear. We stand by our equipment and our customers. Instrument Choice’s warranty exceeds that of any other supplier, as well as the warranty of the manufacturer. We will add an extra 1-year warranty on everything apart from consumables. *
* Consumables include any item(s) used in conjunction with the operation of a product that degrades over time and needs regular replacement. To assist you with your purchase, Instrument Choice lists any consumables required for the operation of a product on its relevant product page. Examples of consumables include but are not limited to:
✔ Satisfaction Guarantee - If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase and you can’t find a satisfactory outcome under our Returns or Extended Warranty policies, please contact us and tell us share your concerns. Our commitment is to ensure you will always be satisfied with our service.
Contact our expert scientists now to get the right meter or data logger to suit your needs and discuss your project.